(3-01181) OEM Driveshaft Flex Joint (Guibo) Replacement Kit (26112226527)
Drive shaft flex joint replacement kit.
This kit includes everything we have on hand when we replace a driveshaft flex joint. The flex joint (or 'guibo') is located between the driveshaft and the transmission. With mileage and abuse the rubber will break down, eventually causing a vibration in the driveline.
- 6 flex joint securing nuts - The nuts used to secure the flex joint are one time use only. They should be replaced every time they are removed.
- 6 flex joint securing bolts - Occasionally these bolts will snap on removal or corrosion will have bonded them to the metal sleeves in the flex joint. Having a full set of replacement bolts on hand eliminates potential headaches.
- 1 driveshaft centering bushing - This bushing goes in the end of the driveshaft and aligns the output shaft from the transmission with the driveshaft. An excessively worn flex disc can easily damage this bushing.
- 1 OEM Febi Flex Joint (Guibo) - BMW P/N: 26112226527 (26 11 2 226 527)
Tip: The flex disc must be installed correctly or it will fail prematurely. There are alignment arrows molded into the rubber on the outer edge of the flex disc. We also suggest taking a photo for reference before you take anything apart.
- 1995-1999 M3 (Manual Only)
- 1998-2002 Z3 M Coupe & M Roadster
- 2006-2008 Z4 M Coupe & M Roadster
- 2001-2006 M3