(2-01002) E36 X-Brace Nutsert Install Kit
When installing the factory X-Brace on any E36 that is not fitted with threaded holes in the subframe nutserts must be installed. This can be tricky but this kit makes it easy.
- Slightly enlarge the existing holes in the subframe.
- Tap the nutsert tool (picture right) into the hole.
- Use the hex head of the bolt to keep it from turning while you turn the 13mm nut.
- The nutsert will compress around the steel of the subframe.
- Once completely compressed remove the bolt with the nut and washers from the nutsert.
- Once all 6 nutserts are installed the X -Brace can be bolted on.
Includes 6 Genuine BMW nutserts fitted with install tools and 6 Genuine BMW bolts used to hold the X-Brace to the subframe once the nutserts are installed.
- 1993-1999 E36 3 Series (All)